I'm so glad you can join me today!
Today I wanted to share with you a little secret.
I'm going to share with you how to make a bed look pretty without spending a fortune.
We all know that the bed is the focal point of any bedroom. So having a bed that looks pretty (and dare I say - luxurious) is very important for the overall feeling of the space.
But, bedding can be very expensive, so finding a way to make your bed look pretty - and luxurious - without spending a small fortune can be challenging.
But that's why we're here.
It's pretty simple actually. Just follow these few easy steps and you'll have a pretty bed before you know it.
- Choose a color scheme. Perhaps this seems like a no-brainer to you. If it does, that's good! You're halfway there. A coordinated bed is a pretty bed.
- Layer. Layers=Luxury....at least layering makes a bed feel more decadent, and that creates the illusion of luxury without all the expense.
- Pillows. Some may accuse me of using too many pillows...but honestly, pillows add personality. And pillows are one place you can splurge a little bit. You can add one amazing throw pillow made from an expensive fabric and you won't have to sell off your jewelry to afford it. ;) I also suggest using Euro pillows as a back drop...they're big so they look expensive...but they don't have to be (I'll get to that in a minute.)
- Mix it up. You can certainly buy a bedding set...and that's not bad....but don't use it exactly as it is straight out of the bag. Mix it up by adding in different prints and fabrics with pillow shams and throw pillows and sheets. Having different patterns or textures on your bed automatically gives it a more luxurious feeling.
- Find Inexpensive Bedding Options. I admit this part can sometimes be tricky. So I'm going to share with you what I did to create the look you see on my bed.